- Psalm 119:11
- We should treasure God’s word!
- Forrest Fenn
- He left a 24-line poem to direct seekers to a treasure chest hidden in the Rocky Mountains.
Hunting for treasure
- Matthew 13:44-46 – Spiritual things are the priority!
- Matthew 6:19-21 – Your heart goes with what you treasure.
- Finding Fenn’s treasure became a hobby for some, but an obsession for others.
A community of treasure hunters
- II Peter 1:1 – There is a common faith that binds us.
- Acts 15:7-11 – The gospel heals differences from the past and brings people together.
- In searching for Fenn’s treasure, people started banding together. They like to talk about the treasure and support each other.
- Acts 2:41-42, 9-11 – People from all over the world came to share in seeking the same spiritual treasure.
- Romans 1:11-12
- Hebrews 10:24-25 – Community is important for Christians!
- Am I engaged with the brethren?
Hunting the right treasure
- Luke 18:18-23 – This man had earthly treasure but not spiritual treasure.
- Luke 16:13-15 – We must make a choice!
- I Timothy 6:17-19
- Fenn’s treasure was finally found.
- Hebrews 11:24-27
- The treasure we seek is worth it!