- Hebrews 10:26-39
- Hebrews 10:26 – One may get the idea from this verse that after we have knowledge of the truth and sin, we can never be forgiven. That is not what this verse is saying. It is simply saying that you cannot be forgiven while you are willfully sinning.
- Hebrews 10:27-31 – Those who had heard the gospel and turned back to the Law of Moses had no way to be forgiven of their sin.
- Hebrews 10:29 – The “spirit of grace” here could refer to the Holy Spirit, but it may also refer to the disposition of grace, which would apply to God the Father and Jesus also.
- Hebrews 10:31 – For Christians, it will be a wonderful thing to fall into the hands of God.
- Hebrews 10:32-36 – This passage refutes the idea of “once saved, always saved.”
- Hebrews 10:36 – “What a great admonition for all of us! This passage would make no sense if “once saved, always saved” was a true doctrine. This verse appears to be the bookend of the section started in Hebrews 10:19, referring to our confidence as Christians.
- Hebrews 10:37-39 – This is referring to Jesus coming in judgment (possibly on Jerusalem since the time is indicated as being near). This is a quote from Habakkuk 2:3-4.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.