- Hebrews 10:1-27
- Hebrews 10:1-4 – Under the Law of Moses, sins were remembered every year and the debt was rolled forward. When Jesus came, the debt was paid in full, never to be charged again.
- Hebrews 10:5-10 – Animal blood could never accomplish what Jesus’ sacrifice was able to do. The message of the Old Covenant was that Jesus was coming to take away sins. He took away the first covenant so He could establish the second. Note that in verse 10, “will” is God’s will – it’s not referring to a legal will and testament. It’s simply saying that Jesus came to do God’s will.
- Hebrews 10:11-14 – See Romans 15:25. The last enemy Christ will destroy is death.
- Hebrews 10:15-18 – The verse quoted here is Jeremiah 31:31-34. Jeremiah prophesied that God would make a new covenant with man.
- Hebrews 10:19-25 – Let us be sure that we are encouraging others to good works (Ephesians 2:9). As Christians, we should not be constantly complaining. In verse 25, the word translated “forsaking” means “abandonment.” The purpose of assembling is to encourage each other to love and good works (Colossians 3:16).
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.