- I Timothy 2:1-3
It’s okay to pray for justice.
- Genesis 9:3-6
- Exodus 20:13
- Exodus 21:12-17 – God does not condemn all killing. There is a distinction between murder, accidental killing, and capital punishment.
- Numbers 35:20-25
- Psalms 35, 58 – Imprecatory psalms, calling down curses on evil ones.
- Romans 13:3-4
- These passages don’t necessarily say that war is wrong. Governments should punish the evil and defend the innocent.
But what about…
- Matthew 5:38-44?
- We must be willing to endure personal insults. But evil must still be stopped and punished.
- II Corinthians 10:3-6?
- Paul was not going to use physical weapons to fight a spiritual war.
Our deepest desire and prayer is salvation for all.
- Ezekiel 18:20-23, 30-32
- II Peter 3:9
- I Timothy 2:3-4