Parent and child
Train children to love God
- Matthew 22:36-40 – The ultimate goal we have for our children is for them to observe the two greatest commandments and love God and love others.
- I John 4:20
Love God yourself
- Deuteronomy 6:1-9 – It starts with you! It can’t be a hypocritical thing.
- Proverbs 20:7 – It is a blessing to our children to walk in God’s way.
- Matthew 7:5 – Don’t be hypocritical! Be what you want your kids to be.
- II Timothy 1:5 – Timothy grew up with great spiritual influences in his mother and grandmother.
- Romans 2:24 – Try switching out the words “the Gentiles” for “your kids.” Don’t raise your children so that they harm the name of Christ.
- Hebrews 4:15; I Peter 2:21 – Christ left an example for us.
- Learning by example: Parents teach toddlers English by example – one of the most complex languages in the world! That’s how powerful teaching by example can be.