Boyfriend and girlfriend, continued
Listen to people around you who are spiritually wise.
- Titus 2:3-5
- Philippians 3:17
- Proverbs 12:15; 13:10
- Psalms 119:97-99 – All human advice has the potential to be flawed.
- Leviticus 19:32
There’s no such thing as a soul mate.
- If I start having trouble in my marriage and start doubting that my spouse is my soul mate, this line of thinking could cause me to seek another.
- Titus 2:3-4
- Ephesians 5:25
- Whoever I choose to be married to, I have to make it work!
- Romans 5:8
Beware of infatuation.
Am I equating physical attraction with true love?
- II Samuel 13:1-6, 11-17 – Amnon acts on his infatuation with Tamar. Any time we stray from God’s plan, we are setting ourselves up for trouble.
- Genesis 39:6-15, 20 – Potiphar’s wife is infatuated with Joseph.
Am I just in love with being in love?
- I Kings 11:1-3; Ecclesiastes 2:8