- Ephesians 2:5, 8-9 – Does grace mean we have no role in salvation? Faith clearly has a role in salvation. God provides salvation through His grace, but it is on us to receive it.
- John 3:16; 8:24; Acts 16:31; Romans 3:21 – What faith does for the believer.
Faith alone is not sufficient
- Romans 10:9-10
- If salvation is dependent on confession, confession is not a “work” because we know that works don’t save us (Ephesians 2:8-9)!
- Acts 2:37-38 – Peter didn’t tell them to do nothing because they had already been saved. Acts 3:19-20
- Mark 16:15-16 – Belief and baptism are both equally required for salvation.
- Isaiah 59:16 – God’s own arm provided salvation, but we may accept it.
- Acts 9:18; 22:16 – Saul had been repenting and fasting for three days, but was not forgiven of his sins until he was baptized.
|Ephesians 2:1, 5||Colossians 2:13|
|Ephesians 2:11||Colossians 2:11|
|Ephesians 2:15-16||Colossians 2:14|
|Ephesians 2:5, 6, 8||Colossians 2:13, 12|
- Titus 3:5
- Ephesians 5:26 – This may also be a reference to baptism, indicating that baptism is a work of Jesus.
- Ephesians 2:10