Take the lowest place
- Put others first.
- Luke 14:7-11
- This has spiritual implications, not just physical ones.
- Esther 6 – Haman’s bad example.
- Proverbs 15:33
- Mark 9:35 – To get the best position, start out with humility and serving others.
- Luke 17:7
- Matthew 16:1-16
- Matthew 25:34-40
Consider the other side
- Apollos, Aquila, and Priscilla are good examples. Aquila and Priscilla did not look down on Apollos because of what he did not know. They helped him learn what he was missing!
- III John 1:9-10 – Diotrephes refused to listen to the other side.
- I Kings 21:17-29 – King Ahab had a major life event change his point of view. He humbled himself.
- II Timothy 2:23-26
- I Peter 3:14-15
- Acts 26:24-29 – Paul responded very calmly.