- Matthew 12:35
- What is the reasoning we need to have in place to determine what is obscene?
- Ephesians 5:12
- Ephesians 1:3-14 – If you have hope in Christ, there is a direct connection between your thoughts, conduct, and speech.
- Why did God adopt us?
- What was God’s aim in choosing us?
- Ephesians 2:1-10 – Paul describes a transformation in the Gentiles (and himself). They had died to sin, as we should.
- Ephesians 4:17-24 – Is what we are doing, saying, and watching after the likeness of God?
- Matthew 7:15-20 – We are known by our words!
- Matthew 12:33
- Ephesians 4:29 – What should our speech be? Something that is timed appropriately and will build another up.
- Ephesians 5:1 – Be imitators of God.
- Ephesians 5:4
- Filthiness: disgraceful or improper
- Silly talk / foolish talking: the talk of the unwise
- Coarse jesting / crude joking: speaking in a crude, debased way
- Ephesians 5:3, 5 – See II Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19; I Thessalonians 4:3
- Is it wholesome?
- Who am I trying to impress?
- Galatians 5:12
- Harsh language in the Bible was used to point out sin.