- I John 3:16
- Luke 10:30
We ought to look for opportunities to help people
- Luke 10:30-37 – Parable of the good Samaritan.
- Helping people means some amount of sacrifice.
- The Samaritan sacrificed time, money, and goods to help.
- The more we can live with a little bit of margin, the better we position ourselves to be able to help when the need arises.
- I Timothy 6:18
- Love your neighbor! Luke 10:27-29
- The Samaritan felt compassion for the man.
- Ephesians 4:28, 22-27 – Work so that you can give to others.
- James 1:27 – God always made provision for widows and orphans.
- Generosity is part of our service to God.
- Matthew 25:40
When a Christian is in need, the church can jump in
- Pertinent passages:
- Acts 2:44-45
- Acts 4:32-35
- Acts 6:1-3
- Acts 11:27-30
- Romans 15:25-26
- I Corinthians 16:1-3
- II Corinthians 8:3-4, 14
- II Corinthians 9:1
- I Timothy 5:16, 5
- There is a difference between personal funds and church funds. God has limited what church funds can be used for.
- II Corinthians 9:12 – Being generous builds fellowship between saints.
What’s the best way to help someone?
- Acts 6:1-2; Philippians 3:7-11
- Money is not the answer to everything. The most valuable things are spiritual.
- The best thing to give someone is the gospel.