- I Corinthians 3:1-7
I look to be served instead of to serve.
- II Corinthians 8:9 – Jesus served so that we could be spiritually rich. He is our example of service.
- Philippians 2:6
- Mark 10:42-45 – We need to be looking for ways to serve others.
I choose instant gratification instead of delayed gratitification.
- Genesis 12:2, 4; 15:4; 21:5 – Abraham had to wait 25 years for Isaac to come!
- I Samuel 16:1, 13; II Samuel 5:4 – David had to wait a long time to become king.
- Hebrews 13:4 – Wait for marriage.
- “Not microwave culture. Crockpot culture!”
- Hebrews 11:24-26 – Moses had patience and looked to the reward.
I get defensive instead of reflective.
- Genesis 3:11; 4:8 – Adam and Cain tried to shift the blame.
- Acts 18:25-27 – Apollos reacted in a mature way to correction.