Christ (Romans 3:21-5:21), continued:
Adam vs. Jesus (Romans 5:12-19), continued:
- Romans 5:18-19 – Adam performed his transgression, and it introduced condemnation to all men. Christ performed His act of righteousness (His sacrifice) and it introduced justification to all men. Neither of these happen automatically! See Romans 6:12. Compare Hebrews 5:9.
Grace reigns (Romans 5:20-21)
- When God reveals a law, such as the Law of Moses, it shows people what they are doing wrong. They may not have realized they were sinning, but now they do. See Romans 3:20; 7:7.
Choice (Romans 6-8)
Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound (Romans 6:1-14)?
- No! We repented and decided to die to sin. How could we go back to it?
- Romans 6:3-4:
|Death||Dead to sin|
|Burial||Buried in baptism|
|Resurrection||Newness of life|
- Hebrews 9:26-28; Romans 8:34
- Romans 6:11 – We must consider ourselves dead to sin!
- Romans 6:13 – Don’t go back in the mud and get dirty again!