- How can God allow suffering to occur?
God allows us the freedom of choice
Genesis 2:16-17; 3:6 – Adam and Eve had the freedom of choice.
If there were no consequences, it wouldn’t really be freedom of choice.
Sometimes the choices of others cause our suffering. Sometimes it is our own choices.
I Peter 4:14-16
We need to make the right choices!
I Timothy 4:8
II Timothy 3:12
The world is a temporary stop on the way to eternity.
- Hebrews 11:13-16
- Eternity will far outshine whatever suffering we endure here.
- I Peter 2:11
- Job 3:17
- Romans 8:17-18 – Suffer now, glory later.
- II Corinthians 4:17-5:1
If our attitude is right, we benefit from suffering.
- James 1:2-4
- I Peter 1:6-9
- When did you pray the hardest? When you were suffering!
- Psalms 119:65-68
- There is good that can come from suffering.
- II Corinthians 12:7-10 – We can get to the place Paul was if we have the right attitude.
- II Corinthians 1:8-10
- I Peter 2:21-23
- Jesus suffered for a time and now I suffer for a time.
- Let us not let suffering be a stumbling block!