- Job 15:1-21:34
Eliphaz (Job 15:1-35)
- Eliphaz is not convinced by Job’s rebuttals. He again tries to point to Job as a wicked man.
Job (Job 16:1-17:16)
- Job is not impressed with his friends’ words!
- Job 16:7-18 – Job sees God as both his comforter and his tormentor.
- Job 17:1-16 – Job anticipates death as the end to his suffering.
Bildad (Job 18:1-21)
- Bildad also tries to characterize Job as wicked.
Job (Job 19:1-29)
- Job 19:13-19 – Job’s family and servants even turned away from him.
- Job 19:21 – Job was starved for love and compassion.
- Job 19:25-27 – Job still has faith in God!
Zophar (Job 20:1-29)
- Zophar again rebukes Job and tried to claim he is a wicked man.
Job (Job 21:1-34)
- Job points out that the wicked do prosper!
- Matthew 23:5-7
The Role of Satan
- In all these speeches, no one mentioned Satan, the real source of all this!
- Job 1:11
- II Corinthians 11:1-4 – Satan is deceptive! He’s been telling lies and trying to trick people since the beginning.