- Joshua 3-5
Remember God’s blessings
- Joshua 4:1-7, 23 – God instructed the Israelites to build a memorial to help them to remember how He delivered them.
- I Corinthians 11:23-26
12 stone memorial, etc.
The Lord’s Supper
Jesus, the Great High Priest
Sacrifices of animals
Sacrifice of the Son of God
- Hebrews 11:32-40 - Great things happened in the past, but now we can see the full picture.
Teach your kids
Joshua 4:6, 21-22 – Parents were to teach their children what the memorials meant!
We tend to forget the past!
“Don’t forget your raising.”
Judges 2:6-13 – The generations after Joshua turned to idolatry.
As parents, we must know about God ourselves.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7 – You can’t teach what you don’t know!
As parents, we must teach our kids about God.
As parents, we must live faithfully ourselves.
- II Timothy 2:15 – Be a worked approved by God.
Rejoice in God’s promises
- Joshua 4:19-20
- Joshua 5:9 – God named the place Gilgal. It was an important place for many future events.
- God delivered Israel to their Promised Land, and He will deliver us to ours! We’ll be in our Gilgal one day.
- II Peter 3:9-13