Good leadership includes humility.
- Exodus 4:14-16; 6:13; 7:1, 8-13, 19; 8:6, 17 – Aaron was in an active leadership role. The first three plagues were done directly through him.
- Aaron was the first high priest. Exodus 28:1
- Numbers 12:1-9 – Even as a leader, you can’t do anything you want.
- Leviticus 10:1-3 – Aaron’s sons were killed by God because of their sin.
- There is always someone above you!
- I Peter 5:1-4 – Elders can’t lord it over the flock! They must lead with humility.
- Ephesians 6:5-9
- Ephesians 5:22-25 – Husbands and wives.
- Ephesians 6:1-4 – Parents and children.
Don’t compromise on the important stuff.
- Exodus 32:1-6 – The golden calf. Aaron may have been trying to pretend that in worshiping the golden calf, they were worshiping the one true God, but he should have never compromised on this point.
- Don’t try to be the cool parent that compromises on what is important for your children!
I can serve God despite past sin.
- Numbers 16:20-22 – Good leadership from Moses and Aaron!
- Numbers 20:23-29 – The death of Aaron.
- Aaron did a lot of wrong, but also served God in many good ways.
- Psalms 106:16
- Hebrews 5:1-4
- We can move past our sins just as Aaron did.
- Galatians 6:1