- Luke 17:11-18:14
- Luke 17:14 – The power of cleaning was in Jesus, not the ten lepers. The men did have faith to ask Jesus to be healed, but it was Jesus that did the healing.
- Luke 17:20-37 – The context indicates that Jesus was talking about when He would come in judgment against Jerusalem in AD 70.
- Luke 17:37 – Jesus gives His answer as a tautology. He deflected the question with a figure of speech.
- Luke 18:1-8 – God wants us to be persistent in prayer. God answers our prayers because He loves us and wants to bless us.
- Luke 18:9-14 – One man trusted in himself. The other trusted in God, and he is the one who went away justified.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.