- Luke 11:31-12:21
- Luke 11:33-36 – Compare Matthew 5:16.
- Luke 11:41 – If they gave alms with the right heart, that would ensure they were pure in God’s eyes. It was not enough to just be outwardly clean. It was much more important to be inwardly clean.
- Luke 11:44 – Jesus was saying the Pharisees were of no more significance to God than tombs hidden underground. This would have been a tremendous blow to their pride!
- Luke 11:45-52 – Jesus did not spare the lawyers and charged them with all the evil they had a part in. Not only did they not obey God, they prevented others from obeying God also.
- Luke 12:4-7 – We shouldn’t fear men nearly so much as we fear God!
- Luke 12:8-9 – This confession is more than just confessing with words. It’s the same ideas as Matthew 10 – confessing God with both your words and actions.
- Luke 12:10 – Compare Mark 3:30. Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit was taking works of God and attributing them to Satan. Men today can reject God, but then learn the truth and be saved. This particular sin cannot be committed today because miracles are no longer performed in the way they were then.
- Luke 12:15 – Life is more than possessions!
- Luke 12:21 – If you are only rich in physical matters and not toward God, you are eternally doomed!
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.