- Romans 12:1-2
- A sacrifice is my heart’s effort to honor God.
- Malachi 1:6-7 – The real topic here is their hearts.
- Malachi 1:8-14 – It would have been better for them to not worship than to worship so poorly. God demands the best from us!
- Psalms 51:16-17 – God is most pleased with a broken and contrite heart.
- Mark 12:32-34
- I Peter 2:4-5 – We are to be living stones, offering up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God.
- It means giving something up that I otherwise wouldn’t want to give up.
- Hebrews 13:15-16
- Philippians 2:17
- II Timothy 4:6
- Where is God in our list of priorities?
- Jesus went first. Our turn.
- Ephesians 5:1-2
- Galatians 2:20
- Romans 12:1 – “By the mercies of God”: everyone deserves God’s wrath, but we can be justified by faith.
- I owe it to God to sacrifice myself for Him!
- Am I being a living sacrifice acceptable to God?
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.