- Exodus 20:24
- Leviticus 17:1-4, 8-9 – Offerings had to be made at the right place.
- I Kings 9:1-3; 11:36 – God chose to put His name at the temple in Jerusalem.
- Offerings had to be made where God chose to record His name.
- Deuteronomy 12:5-11, 13-14 – must worship where God records His name
- I Kings 12 – Rehoboam acts foolishly and divides Israel.
- I Kings 12:22-24 – God intervenes to prevent civil war.
- God would rather have two tribes serve Him correctly than have all twelve be unified but fall away.
- I Kings 12:26-30 – Jeroboam provided additional places for the people to worship, but these were not approved by God.
- Matthew 16:13-18
- I Timothy 3:15 – The church is God’s house. That is where God has recorded His name.
- Many today try to follow Jeroboam and worship God in ways He has not authorized.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.