- Matthew 5:13-32
- Matthew 5:13 – Salt is a physical preservative. Jesus is using it as a metaphor to refer to the saving influence of a Christian.
- Matthew 5:14 – Christians light the way for other people to come to Christ.
- Matthew 5:16 – See Ephesians 2:8 in reference to “good works.”
- Matthew 5:19 – “Greatest” and “least” here could be used to mean “in reference to” the kingdom of heaven, rather than implying that one could annul the commandments of God, teach others to do the same, and still make it into heaven.
- Matthew 5:24 – See Luke 13:3. Try to make things right with your brother, whether it is your fault or not.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.