- 2 John 1:8-13; 3 John 1:1-8
- 2 John 1:8 – We must constantly examine ourselves to make sure we are obeying God’s commandments. If we don’t, it’s all too easy to slip backwards.
- 2 John 1:10-11 – The KJV gives a better meaning here – it’s more than just saying hello to someone. It’s welcoming them and supporting them in their error.
- 3 John 1:1 – See I Corinthians 1:14. The letter was addressed to Gaius. It was to commend Gaius in supporting those who were preaching the truth.
- 3 John 1:2 – Am I in better health physically or spiritually?
- 3 John 1:8 – When we support others who are teaching the truth, we are joining them in their good work.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.