- I John 1:1-2:6
- I John 1:4 – John was writing so that they could have fellowship together and with God. That fellowship would bring great joy.
- I John 1:8-10 – However much we’d like to, we are not able to live without sinning before God. Thus, we need forgiveness.
- I John 2:1 – The ideal: sin not. The real: When we sin, we have an advocate with God the Father. That advocate is Jesus Christ.
- I John 2:3 – Obedience is how we know that we know God. We can’t say we have faith if we are not obeying God. See I John 2:6.
- I John 2:6 – If we say we abide in God, we ought to walk as Jesus walked.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.