- Acts 10
- He did not assume that he already knew enough and had done enough.
- Acts 10:1-8
- Acts 10:34-48
- Cornelius received new information and acted on it. He was not biased against improving his understanding of God’s will.
- Matthew 7:21-29 – Not everyone who says, “Lord, Lord” will enter heaven. It’s not just blatantly evil people who will miss heaven. “Religious” people who fail to do the will of God will also miss heaven.
- He was humble enough to obey.
- Acts 10:5-8, 33 – Cornelius showed no attitude – he just did as commanded.
- Acts 10:24-26
- Compare what happened to Herod in Acts 12:21-23 when he accepted worship.
- Cornelius was corrected by a Jew, but took it in stride. He showed humble obedience.
- Like Cornelius, let’s learn the truth with a heart that’s ready to obey!
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.