- I Peter 1:1-16
- Introduction to the book:
- Writer: Peter
- Author: Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 16:13; I Corinthians 2:13-14)
- Audience: People who were scattered (probably from Jerusalem) and serving God in various other places.
- I Peter 1:1-2 – One is chosen by God by the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. God foresaw that we would need a means of sanctification and salvation and provided it through Jesus.
- “sprinkled with His blood” is for purification – a reference to the way men were purified under the Old Law.
- I Peter 1:3 – See Romans 1:4; I Corinthians 15:42-57
- I Peter 1:5 – See Romans 1:16; Philippians 3:21
- I Peter 1:6-7 – Genuine faith is more precious than gold. Luke 6:46
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.