- Context and harmony, continued:
- Galatians 6:10 – “Let us do good to all people” here is referring to helping those caught in sin. The context does not mention benevolence. This is about individuals helping each other in spiritual work and helping to bear their load when they are struggling with sin.
- Acts 2:4 – Who was filled with the Holy Spirit? If you follow the pronouns back to Acts 1:26, you can see it is referring to the apostles. Acts 2:14, 37, and 42-43 show that the people were responding to what the apostles were preaching. Acts 1:6, 8 shows that Jesus told them this exact thing would happen.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – The context of this verse is a letter written to Jews in Babylonian captivity (Jeremiah 29:1-3). Verses 8-10 are a warning to not listen to all the false prophets. Verse 11 then encourages the people, saying that God had a plan for them for good (so don’t be drawn away by false prophets).
- Philippians 4:13 – What are “all things”? The context is about Paul being content no matter his circumstances. Paul could be content in any circumstances through God’s strength.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.