- Some contend that Romans and James cannot be reconciled with each other. Martin Luther had this view and declared James to be “spurious.” These two books can be reconciled: Romans talks about who provides salvation and James talks about practical matters of faith.
- It is not completely clear exactly who the intended audience is. It could possibly be directed to Jewish Christians living abroad (James 1:1). The book applies to all Christians, though. Romans 2:28-29
- The book was written somewhere between 45 and 62 A.D.
- James 1:5-8 – It does no good to pray if you don’t believe God can and will answer that prayer. That is a hypocritical prayer.
- James 1:9-11 – All men are the same before God, regardless of their wealth.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.