- Psalms 19-22
- Psalms 19:12-13 – Compare Leviticus 16:21-22, 30, 34 and Hebrews 5:1-3. Our hidden faults are sins we have committed unknowingly. Under the Old Covenant, the scapegoat took on all the sins of the congregation – not just those they were aware of.
- Psalms 21 – The king rejoices in God’s salvation.
- Psalms 22 – We know this is a Messianic psalm because it is quoted in the New Testament and applied to Jesus.
- Psalms 22:1
- John 8:28-29 – God has never forsaken someone for doing that which pleased Him.
- John 16:31-32
- When Jesus quoted this psalm on the cross, He was bringing the entire contents of the psalm to the crowd’s attention.
- Luke 23:48
- Jesus did not become a sinner on the cross – He became a scapegoat to carry our sins away.
- I Peter 1:19
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.