- I Corinthians 1:18-31 – The foolishness of God is wiser than men.
- I Corinthians 1:28 – Throughout history, God has chosen things that are nothing on their own to bring to naught things that are.
- The brazen serpent (Numbers 21:4-9)
- The leper (II Kings 5:1-14)
- Elijah did not heal Naaman’s leprosy the way Naaman expected.
- Gideon’s army (Judges 7:1-7)
- God directed Gideon to use a very small army to defeat a great army through an unusual strategy. God did this to prevent the people of Israel from exalting themselves.
- Blind man (John 9:1-7)
- Jesus healed a blind man by putting clay on the man’s eyes and having him wash in the pool of Siloam.
- Baptism for remission of sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; I Peter 3:21)
- The foolishness of God proves man’s faith.
- In each case, the power was and is GOD’S WORD.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.