- I Corinthians 4:4-17
- I Corinthians 4:5 – See Matthew 7:22-23.
- I Corinthians 4:6 – See II John 1:9 regarding going beyond the written Scripture. The context here, however, is dealing specifically with judging other men. We are not to go beyond what is written when judging other men (Matthew 23:8).
- I Corinthians 4:8 – See I John 3:8. Paul is wishing that they all had fellowship in God together.
- I Corinthians 4:9 – Secular history tells us that Paul was killed for his faith.
- I Corinthians 4:14 – Notice this is a not-but passage. Paul’s primary goal was not to shame them although his words should have. His primary purpose was to admonish them.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.