- Luke 22:1-34
- Luke 22:1-6 – Judas decides to betray Jesus.
- Luke 22:3 – See John 13:2. Satan did not take control of Judas. The influence of Satan entered Judas’ heart and Judas himself made the decision. See also James 4:7-8.
- Luke 22:7-13 – See Matthew 5:17-18.
- Luke 22:14-23 – Jesus institutes the Lord’s Supper.
- See Exodus 24:3-8; Hebrews 9:11-10:4; John 13:3-16. Jesus uses metaphors to compare the unleavened bread to His body and the fruit of the vine to His blood, indicating that the Supper is a memorial to His death.
- Luke 22:24-27 – Jesus was the greatest, yet served all, even Judas Iscariot.
- Luke 22:28-30 – The apostles would judge the twelve tribes of Israel by the word that they would preach.
- Luke 22:31-34 – Jesus tells Peter that his faith will be tested.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.