- Luke 19:1-20:8
- Luke 19:1-10 – Jesus meets Zaccheus.
- Zaccheus has a great attitude about meeting Jesus. He received Jesus gladly and offered restitution for his sins.
- Jesus commended the lowly.
- Jesus ignored the grumblers and complainers. Jesus never catered to people with this attitude.
- Luke 19:11-27 – Jesus teaches the parable of the minas.
- Luke 19:11 – Note that the reason Jesus taught the parable was because the people thought the kingdom of God was coming immediately. He was reminding them to work now.
- Luke 19:28-40 – Jesus’ “triumphal entry” into Jerusalem.
- Luke 19:41-44 – Jesus weeps over the city of Jerusalem, which would be sacked by the Romans in 70 A.D.
- Luke 19:45-46 – Jesus drives the traders out of the temple.
- Luke 19:47-48 – Jesus preaches daily in the temple and the people hang “on to every word He said.”
- Luke 20:1-8 – The chief priests, scribes, and elders confront Jesus and question His authority.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.