- Galatians 4:17-5:4
- Galatians 4:17 – The Judaizing teachers were seeking them out so they could shut them out of the kingdom by binding them to the old law again.
- Galatians 4:19-20 – Paul looked at the Galatians as his children in Christ.
- Galatians 4:21-31 – Paul compares the Old and New Covenant to Sarah and Hagar.
- Hagar = Mt. Sinai = Old Covenant
- Sarah = Heavenly Jerusalem = New Covenant
- Ishmael = Jews
- Isaac = Christians
- Galatians 4:30 – The Scripture says to cast out the bondwoman (Old Covenant) and her son (the Jews). Christians were now to be God’s chosen people.
- Galatians 5:1-6 – Circumcision no longer has a religious purpose before God. Those who were trying to keep that part of the old law were bound to keep the entire law!
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.