- Luke 16:1-31
- Luke 16:1-13 – The parable of the unrighteous steward. God expects us to use our earthly goods wisely in serving Him. The steward was being fired but was still well spoken of by his master because of his shrewdness.
- Luke 16:14-15 – The Pharisees scoffed because they loved money too much and Jesus rebuked them for it.
- Luke 16:16-17 – See Hebrews 1:1-2; 2:1-4. Some claim that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are part of the Old Covenant, but that is not true. Jesus is clearly stating that the gospel of the kingdom of God has now been preached.
- Luke 16:18 – See Romans 7:1-4.
- Luke 16:19-31 – The parable of the rich man and Lazarus.
- There is a conscious existence beyond the grave (Luke 16:23-25).
- You can’t change your eternal fate after death (Luke 16:25-26).
- The Scripture is as capable of causing one to repent as one rising from the dead and delivering a message (Luke 16:31).
- People know their fates as soon as they did, before Judgment Day (Luke 16:22-23).
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.