- Luke 12:32-13:17
- Luke 12:32-34 – See I Timothy 5:8; Colossians 3:1-5; Luke 16:13
- Luke 12:35-48 – Luke 15:40 is the key idea here – be ready! Don’t procrastinate on spiritual matters.
- Luke 12:49-53 – See Matthew 10:34-39; Mark 10:38-40. We have to put God first in our lives.
- Luke 12:54-57 – Jesus rebukes the people for not perceiving spiritual things as much as we pay attention to physical things.
- Luke 12:58-59 – Jesus expresses his disappointment in people that would not simply do the right thing.
- Luke 13:1-5 – Tragedies are not necessarily punishments from God. See John 9:1-3.
- Luke 13:6-9 – God gives us time to bear spiritual fruit, but we must take the opportunity.
- Luke 13:10-17 – Jesus heals a woman on the Sabbath and rebukes those who disapprove. This is the king of illogic that comes from going beyond God’s law.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.