- Galatians 1:1-12
- The book of Galatians
- Written about A.D. 57-58. The writer was Paul, but the author was the Holy Spirit.
- Written to the churches in Galatia (Galatians 1:2).
- Galatians 1:1 – Paul affirms that the source of the gospel he is preaching is heaven – not men.
- Galatians 1:3 – This peace is not to come at all costs. In the Old Testament, God allowed the kingdom of Israel to be divided rather than have peace and unity in error.
- Galatians 1:4 – The word “evil” here is translated from the Greek “πονηρός (pon__ēros),” which means “morally bad.”
- Galatians 1:6-7 – Paul is using a play on words here with the words for “different” and “another” to strengthen his point that there is no other
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.