- Luke 9:28-10:16
- Luke 9:28-36 – Jesus is transfigured. This must have greatly increased the faith of Peter, John, and James. See II Peter 1:16-18.
- Luke 9:37-42 – Jesus casts out a demon that the disciples could not. See Matthew 17:20. The disciples did not have enough faith.
- Luke 9:43-45 – The disciples again fail to understand what was going to happen to Jesus.
- Luke 9:46-56 – The disciples argue about who is the greatest.
- Luke 9:50 – See also Mark 9:38-40.
- Luke 9:57-62 – Jesus could read hearts and did not accept excuses. What excuses could we possibly hope to use on the day of judgment?!
- Luke 10:1-16 – Jesus sends out the 70 in pairs to teach.
- Luke 10:1 – Some old manuscripts read 72 here. We cannot tell which one is correct, but either way it makes no doctrinal difference.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.