- Neither Luke nor Acts names Luke as the author, but all early records unanimously understood him to be the author.
- Acts 16:9 – Luke was a companion of the apostle Paul.
- Colossians 4:11
- Luke is the longest book in the New Testament, followed by Acts.
- Luke records lots of minutiae (names of people and places), including the most parables any of the gospels.
- Luke 1
- Luke 1:15 - John would be restricted in what He could do, but would be devoted to his job from the very beginning.
- John 10:39-42; 3:26-30 – John did his job of paving the way for Jesus well.
- Luke 7:28 – No one was greater than John! What made John great? His obedience to God!
- Luke 1:18 – Zacharias asked for a sign and was punished.
- Genesis 15:1-8 – Abraham sought information and confirmation, but he asked out of faith.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.