- James 1:27 – The definition of true religion.
- James 1:21-22 – Be doers of the Word.
- James 1:26 – Religion is not something you can just tack onto your life. You must change your life and remove evil habits.
- James 3:10
- James 2:15
- James 5:4
- James 4:4 – You cannot be a friend of God and the world.
- James 2:12 – We must speak and act according to God’s law.
- James 2:9-13 – Partiality and prejudice is sin!
- We have to obey all of God’s commands!
- The “law of liberty” frees us from sin – not from being judged for sin! We can’t just do whatever we want.
- “Small” sins are still sins!
- James 3:13 – The proper way to show wisdom is through good conduct.
- James 3:14-18 – We receive secular wisdom from all sides, but we must be careful to listen to the wisdom from God.
- Ecclesiastes 12:12-14
- James 4:17 – Serve God right now!
- James 4:13-17 – In the context, the right thing to do is to serve God.
- Luke 12:20
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.