- Acts 6-7
- He was ready to serve!
- Acts 6:3; 21:13 – Paul was ready to serve just like Stephen.
- II Corinthians 9:2 – The Corinthians were ready to serve!
- II Timothy 4:2 – Be ready in season and out of season.
- Luke 22:61 + Acts 5:29 – Peter thought he was ready at Jesus’ crucifixion, but wasn’t really ready until later.
- Titus 3:1 – Be ready for every good deed.
- I Timothy 6:18 + Ephesians 4:28 – Be ready to share with others.
- I Peter 3:15 + Hebrews 5:12-14 – Be ready to make a defense for your faith.
- He was willing to serve
- Acts 6:8-10; 7:1-2,51-60 – Stephen was willing to serve even to death.
- Luke 22:33
- II Corinthians 8:11; 9:2-5 – Don’t just be ready – be willing to follow through.
- I Timothy 3:1 – To be an elder, a man must be ready and willing.
- James 1:22 – It is not enough to just continually prepare to serve God but never actually get out and do the work.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.