- I Timothy 4:6-5:16
- I Timothy 5:1 – This is referring to older men in general, not those who hold the office of an elder. Older men should be shown the proper respect.
- I Timothy 5:3-16 – Care for needy widows. The church may care for those who are truly widows, are old enough, are faithful, and have no one else to care for them.
- I Timothy 5:3 – See Matthew 15:4. “Honor” can include money.
- I Timothy 5:4 – Widows with children or grandchildren should be cared for by their family.
- I Timothy 5:8 – Take care of your relatives, especially your immediate family.
- I Timothy 5:9-10 – A widow must be faithful and of a certain age in order for the church to care for her.
- Is this the “widow indeed” from I Timothy 5:3,5,16?
- What does it mean to be “put on the list”? The context is of material support.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.