- Mark 10:1-27
- Mark 10:1-12 – God’s marriage law
- Luke 16:18; Matthew 19:3-12; Romans 7:2
- Mark 10:11-12 – See Colossians 3:5-7. Some claim that is it not possible to live in sin, so only the first act in the new marriage is a sin but further life in that marriage is not sin. The passage in Colossians shows that it is possible to live in sin, invalidating this line of reasoning.
- I Corinthians 6:15-16 – This passage illustrates how the Bible uses “one flesh.”
- Mark 10:17-22 - Materialism
- Mark 10:18 – Jesus could be deflecting praise to God or (as Jesse Jenkins believes), Jesus is asking the man if he really believes that Jesus is God.
- Mark 10:22 – One does not have to have great possessions for them to be a god to him.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.