- Mark 3:1-12 – Jesus heals many and crowds throng Him.
- Mark 3:13-19 – Jesus selects twelve apostles.
- Mark 3:15 – Note that it doesn’t say anything here about Jesus asking the Father to give them power to cast our demons. Jesus himself gave them the power because He had the power. Some attempt to deny this in denying the deity of Christ.
- Mark 3:20-30 – The scribes arrive to accuse Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan. Jesus refutes this thinking with parables and common sense. The scribes could not deny that Jesus was working miracles, so they took the only option they had left, which was to undermine the source of His power. It is this blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that Jesus was speaking against in Mark 3:29. See also John 5:14-15; Luke 12:10; Matthew 13:21.
- Mark 3:31-35 – Jesus asserts that His true family is spiritual.
- Mark 4:1-9 – The parable of the sower and soils.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.