- Mark 2:1-13 – Jesus heals the paralytic.
- Mark 2:13-17 – Matthew is called.
- Mark 2:18-22 – Many people understand this passage backwards. Jesus is saying that it is inappropriate to patch the new law onto the old law. See Luke 5:36-39. It was just as absurdly inappropriate for Jesus’ disciples to fast while He was with them as it would be for new wine to be put in old wineskins.
- Mark 2:23-28 – See I Samuel 21:1. The law of the Sabbath was secondary to other laws. The Pharisees were trying to confuse the priorities here in order to trip up Jesus. They attempt the same thing again in Mark 3:1-5.
- Mark 3:1-5 – Jesus heals a man on the Sabbath.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.