- The answer is both no and yes.
- Matthew 18:3 - If children are innately sinful, then we would have to be sinful to enter heaven.
- Ezekiel 18:1-3
- Passages where the word speaks of an innate nature
- Romans 1:26 - Homosexuality is not the innate nature of man.
- Romans 2:27 - Man is physically uncircumcised by nature.
- Romans 11:24
- Galatians 2:15
- Galatians 4:8
- Hebrews 2:16
- No, we are not innately sinful.
- Passages where the word speaks of an acquired nature
- Romans 2:14
- I Corinthians 11:14 - Corinthian custom showed men with long hair. Custom was not the only reason it was wrong, though (see I Corinthians 11:7).
- Ephesians 2:3 - They didn’t have to live like the world. They chose it.
- II Peter 1:4
- Yes, we can acquire a sinful state.
- The answer to the original question depends on the context. Man chooses whether to sin or not. We can choose to sin by an acquired sinful nature.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.