- The cross of discipleship is obedience.
- Matthew 27:32- Jesus bore His cross and did so willingly.
- Luke 22:42- Jesus obeyed His Father and He authored our salvation.
- II Thessalonians 1:8
- The corss of discipleship is desire.
- Luke 22:44
- Acts 8:30-39- Philip teaches the eunuch. The eunuch wanted to be baptized.
- Acts 16:30
- Romans 5:6-13- how and why God sent His Son to save us
- The cross of discipleship requires us to give and not take.
- Luke 14:26-33- We must be prepared to give all for Jesus.
- Philippians 2:1-8- We should not operate out of selfishness.
- Revelation 2:10
- I Peter 2:11-12- Do not be afraid to be persecuted for doing good.
- I John 2:15- Do not love the world.
- Acts 2:22-24
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.