- General revelation
- Psalm 19:1-6 - Evidence of God is seen throughout the world.
- Specific revelation
- Proverbs 16:23 - Lots cast to select Matthias as the apostle to replace Judas.
- I Samuel 28:6 - Urim and Thummim
- Genesis 20:3 - Dreams were used to communicate God’s will.
- Ephesians 3:5 - Prophets used to reveal God’s word.
- Hebrews 1:1.
- II Peter 1:20-21 - Prophecy is not of private interpretation.
- I Corinthians 2:12-13 - The original words were inspired - not just the thought.
- Languages of antiquity
- Ancient Hebrews, Aramiac - Once the Israelites came out of exile, the Proto-Hebrews written language was replaced by Aramaic block script, which is now the adopted alphabet of modern day Hebrew.
- Pentateuch: first five books of the Old Testament (the Torah)
- Tanakh: the entire Old Testament
- The Samaritan people and their Pentateuch
- The Septuagint and apocryphal books
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.