- Heaven itself
- That which emanates from heaven
- The highest in a particular thing
- Ephesians 6:10-12 - This passage is talking about the rulers of this world. “Heavenly places” here refers to the highest leaders of the land.
- Ephesians 3:7-11 - This passage discusses Paul’s work in taking the gospel to the Jews, Gentiles, and highest leaders of the time. He was not preaching to celestial beings. “Heavenly places” are the highest of the leaders.
- Ephesians 2:4-7 - Jesus raised us up so that we could sit in the highest seat as Christians. If we do not behave according to the dignity of the seat we occupy, we bring shame upon Christ. The highest seat we can occupy on earth in God’s eyes is that of a Christian.
- Ephesians 1:19-21 - “Heavenly places” is referring to the highest place that Christ can sit at the throne of God.
- Ephesians 1:1-4 - “Heavenly places” refers to the highest blessings we can enjoy.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.