- Acts 10
- He did not assume that he had already done enough.
- Acts 10:1-6
- Cornelius was a good man. He was religious and prayed continually. He was not content with his service to God - he wanted to do more if he could.
- Religious complacency is often one of the first hurdles faced in trying to convert people.
- Matthew 7:21 - Doctrine matters. We must do the will of the Father.
- I John 1:6-7
- Acts 11:13-14
- He was humble enough to obey.
- Acts 10:5 - For Cornelius, getting corrected by Peter and the angel was not an issue.
- Acts 22:16 - Are we humble enough to obey when we read passages like this?
- He had a desire to learn more truth.
- Acts 10:24-27 - Cornelius shows a sincere desire to learn more truth.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.