- II Peter 1:5-11
- Self-control is being the master of one’s own desires.
- Self-control is more than abstinence.
- It is moderation in things that are right.
- It is abstinence in things that are wrong. (Galatians 5:19-21
- It is strict obedience in things that are commanded. (Matthew 18:18
- Is necessary for any worthwhile accomplishment.
- How can self-control be obtained?
- Matthew 4:4 - Jesus resisting the devil by using what was written
- Is that great quality that enables one to walk in the world and yet keep self unspotted from the world.
- A Christian will give diligence to exercise self-control.
For further study, see also:
Questions or comments? Join our Discord server for further study.